What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear apple & iOs5.... I HATE safari changes ...Especially tabs!

Do You Like Safari's Tabs Feature in iOS 5?

• Yes, I love tabs, it's about time!

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No, I wish they would have kept the thumbnails.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Undecided, need more time to figure it out.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1096bimu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no reason what so ever to prefer thumbnails other than you hate all changes. No other tabbed browser is as fast and stable as the iOS 5 safari, so that's completely out of the question, we must have this new safari. As for your strange preferences, it makes no sense because unless you constantly have 9 pages open, tab is faster for sure. Because tab switching is so fast even if you don't read it's still faster to just go through the tabs than to open that thumbnail screen, all those effects take too long.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
At first, I was happy to have tabs in Safari, but quickly changed my mind. I constantly almost close the current tab when I want to tap on the back browser button. And they get in the way when reaching for favorites or other options has you have to be careful not to close the tab.

Also, to close a background tab, I have to click the tab, then the small "x" appears, letting close the tab. Still two taps to close a page... It's not a big issue, but a bit annoying in the end

VicoPad addict!

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If given a choice I'd use thumbnails. I was using a bookmarks bar and had to hide it to give the space to tabs.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I generally like tabs, but I don't like the Safari implementation. They suck compared with Atomic's tabs, for instance, because of the lack of spacing between each tab. Steve Jobs probably would have noticed that kind of detail.

andysmfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the tabs are great i was delighted when i seen them. Alot quicker for browsing...

OP
T

tturbonegro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no reason what so ever to prefer thumbnails other than you hate all changes. No other tabbed browser is as fast and stable as the iOS 5 safari, so that's completely out of the question, we must have this new safari. As for your strange preferences, it makes no sense because unless you constantly have 9 pages open, tab is faster for sure. Because tab switching is so fast even if you don't read it's still faster to just go through the tabs than to open that thumbnail screen, all those effects take too long.

I constantly used to have 9 pages open...it's a little crowded and semi confusing if you have a handful of tabs at the top of the screen...

At first, I was happy to have tabs in Safari, but quickly changed my mind. I constantly almost close the current tab when I want to tap on the back browser button. And they get in the way when reaching for favorites or other options has you have to be careful not to close the tab.

Also, to close a background tab, I have to click the tab, then the small "x" appears, letting close the tab. Still two taps to close a page... It's not a big issue, but a bit annoying in the end

VicoPad addict!

Exactly...

Miata GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started using Atomic Web because of the tabs. I wish they were on the iPhone in Safari too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts