What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari-like Tabs for iPad With Terra Browser

Reaction score
Why would u use that as your browser instead of safari? Sorry ive had my ipad for about 6 months but never understood the techbical side of iy.im wanting to watch tv shows on my ipad, previous shows like ncis or csi or any live streaming or movies. I use crackle app for movies but theres a lot i cant seem to find. Does anyone know any apps i can use?
As my ex stole my laptop i cant use any of the apps u need a computer to download and install to aswell.
Someone please :) b?

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would u use that as your browser instead of safari? Sorry ive had my ipad for about 6 months but never understood the techbical side of iy.im wanting to watch tv shows on my ipad, previous shows like ncis or csi or any live streaming or movies. I use crackle app for movies but theres a lot i cant seem to find. Does anyone know any apps i can use?
As my ex stole my laptop i cant use any of the apps u need a computer to download and install to aswell.

There are sites that stream movies to iOS sites (put locker, iStreamNet).

Why did you make ur username ur email?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I started up Terra a moment ago and got a popup asking if I would like to make it my "preferred browser" (not "default" browser). Though I did not opt for it, I wondered if it was a poll of some kind, or if they had gotten it to somehow mimic a default browser.

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grabejud said:
Atomic is quiet good. Im using it more often than safari on ipad2. Wish i could turn it as default browser

I read somewhere that you can do that if you jailbreak your iPad 2. Unfortunately, I have not seen a JB for the iPad 2 although one is close to being available.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
info said:
I started up Terra a moment ago and got a popup asking if I would like to make it my "preferred browser" (not "default" browser). Though I did not opt for it, I wondered if it was a poll of some kind, or if they had gotten it to somehow mimic a default browser.

I wonder what it means by preferred? Anything in the doco? That would be a big inducement to buy it.

Mike

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've not seen that pop-up, though I get one about rating it the app store.

I jump among Safari, Atomic and Terra.

I also bought iCab, but I didn't find anything helpful for my uses, and I kept getting a pop-up that indicated a Trojan, though I figured it was bogus. I deleted iCab because I couldn't get pass the Trojan pop-up. It stuck even after I deleted and reinstalled. I found that too annoying to bother with further.

I'd use Atomic more if it didn't hang sometimes and didn't open some pages (pages that Safari has no problem opening). I prefer the tabs that Atomic and Terra offer, but for me the real seller is Atomic's brightness feature, which allows brightness much lower than iPad does.

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you checked your Atomic privacy and ad blocking settings? Atomic default is quite aggressive about blocking. All of the hangs and non-loading pages I have seen were due to ad blocking?

Mike

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked your Atomic privacy and ad blocking settings? Atomic default is quite aggressive about blocking. All of the hangs and non-loading pages I have seen were due to ad blocking?

Mike

Thanks, I'll test that out. I do have privacy and pop-up blocking settings on.

Reaction score
GenerationX said:
There are sites that stream movies to iOS sites (put locker, iStreamNet).

Why did you make ur username ur email?

I typed locker, istreamnet into google? Is that what im meant to do? Can u please explain, and also my email is my user name cos it just makes it easier to remember as chloe-may was gone.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mike

I removed privacy and ad blocking, but Atomic was unable to open a link that I was able to open in Safari. Too bad. I really like Atomic otherwise.

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Is the URL one that you can share? Would it be worth submitting to the developer as a bug?

I have also run into problems importing bookmarks. I have to edit the XML to get them to load properly. I reported it but have not seen any resolution.

Mike

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Tv.com hasCBS shows.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

I also bought iCab, but I didn't find anything helpful for my uses, and I kept getting a pop-up that indicated a Trojan, though I figured it was bogus. I deleted iCab because I couldn't get pass the Trojan pop-up. It stuck even after I deleted and reinstalled. I found that too annoying to bother with further.

I'd use Atomic more if it didn't hang sometimes and didn't open some pages (pages that Safari has no problem opening). I prefer the tabs that Atomic and Terra offer, but for me the real seller is Atomic's brightness feature, which allows brightness much lower than iPad does.

I too used Atomic for a fairly long stretch and like it a lot, it has been updated a couple of times since then and they seem to be doing a good job. For the moment, I prefer iCab and am surprised you are having problems with it. Maybe give it another shot when you have a chance. If you are like me and appreciate the subtle differences in browsers, 360 Web Browser has potential. I intend to look at Terra more closely...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Is the URL one that you can share? Would it be worth submitting to the developer as a bug?

I have also run into problems importing bookmarks. I have to edit the XML to get them to load properly. I reported it but have not seen any resolution.

Mike

I'm too lazy to hunt for the link, but it's one I posted on another thread, so it's nothing strange, lol. I tested it on Atomic and it didn't open, so I switched to Safari and it opened fine.

I still like Atomic's ability to customize. I probably would use it exclusively if it opened stuff as easily or quickly as Safari. I haven't done much testing since I switched off the privacy and ad-blocker settings, but it seems to be performing more smoothly. Some slowness or hangups probably depend on which sites you visit regularly and some of the Java script, etc., they're using.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

I too used Atomic for a fairly long stretch and like it a lot, it has been updated a couple of times since then and they seem to be doing a good job. For the moment, I prefer iCab and am surprised you are having problems with it. Maybe give it another shot when you have a chance. If you are like me and appreciate the subtle differences in browsers, 360 Web Browser has potential. I intend to look at Terra more closely...

What features do you like in iCab that Atomic and Terra don't have? I like Atomic's tabs, brightness setting, page down, on screen buttons with lots of customization. Terra seems fine, but has fewer options. I skimmed iCab, but nothing jumped out at me as worth switching for, but I didn't spend much time before deleting it. I checked it out because I've heard lots of good reviews, but they were generic raves without feature details.

Most reactions

Latest posts