1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Cydia Error

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by blueumbrella, Jul 28, 2012.

1. blueumbrella

blueumbrella iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have not used Cydia in a year. Opened it to add a source and this msg popped up: Database: type 'libpcreposix..0.0.0.dylib' is not know on line 1 in source list/etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list. Please help me RESTORE Cydia back to normal and get rid of this error. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. yof

yof iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Have you tried closing Cydia entirely in the switcher (double hit home button area). And relaunching it ? Also try rejailbreaking your phone
  3. Totallylagit

Totallylagit iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you have OpenSSH installed, you can just reinstall cydia. Find the .deb with google and place it to an easy location on your iDevice. Use whatever app or program (I use putty for pc) and use the command 'dpkg -i (whatever the .deb is called).deb'
    Without the '. That will install cydia again
  4. HappyPelican

HappyPelican iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Sounds like you need to reinstall Cydia my friend. That should solve your issues. Good luck!!!
  5. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    If you haven't used Cydia in over a year you must be pretty far behind in terms of IOS and the versions of tweaks and apps you have installed. I would strongly recommend a restore, re-jailbreak, and re-install to get yourself up to date. You are asking for trouble being too far behind and never updating anything... ;)
  6. donkeys

donkeys iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I fixed this same error without reinstalling cydia

What I did was I downlaoded IExplorer. I wish I could post a link but it will not let me. So just google Iexplorer and its from macroplant. I then installed it. It needs .net if you do not have it installed.

Then I connected my ipad to the computer. I then opened up IExplorer and told it to just use the demo.

In IExplorer it showed my Ipad I then clicked on Files. Then I clicked on Root it told me a message about to make sure you know what your doing I told it to continue. I then went through these folders /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and found saurik.list.

I dragged and dropped saurik.list to my desktop opened it with notepad. I deleted everything in it. Mine only had one line that said 'libpcreposix..0.0.0.dylib'. I removed it so it was blank. I then dragged and dropped it back onto the phone. It asked to replace I said OK.

I then fired up cyida and it worked. Hope this fix works for others instead of having to rejailbreak your device.

:)