What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia disappearing from my New iPad jailbroken with Absinthe 2.0 ?

ibnyasseen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello folks ! All is in the title. I have New iPad running iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken with Absinthe 2.0. Cydia disappeared after removing a "BigBoss" tweak. Thanks a lot for help :eek:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By disappearing, do you mean the icon is gone completely? Or, that it is white? Have you searched for it in Spotlight to see if you can bring it up? And, what tweak did you uninstall (and did you use Cydia to uninstall it)? Finally, did you try a restart, respring or reset to see if the icon returns?

Knowing the answers to those questions may help us narrow your issue down so we can, hopefully, answer. Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
I

ibnyasseen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Marilyn.
My Cydia icon is gone completely. It is not found in Spotlight search and does not appear after respring and restart. i uninstalled a tweak by "BigBoss" related to streaming movies or something like that.

Thanks again for your help !!

JSims4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just redid the jail break because it was when I first got my iPad

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re-jailbreaking seems to be the easiest solution on this one, I think.

OP
I

ibnyasseen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I removed the tweak (I had a warning message but I stupidly clicked ok). When I try to re-jailbreak with Absinthe as I did when I bought my iPad, it tells me that my iPad is already jailbroken. Please help !!!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I removed the tweak (I had a warning message but I stupidly clicked ok). When I try to re-jailbreak with Absinthe as I did when I bought my iPad, it tells me that my iPad is already jailbroken. Please help !!!!!

At this point, your best bet is to restore the iPad back to a stock version of iOS 5.1.1. Then, before putting your apps and such on (restore from new, not from backup) - rerun the Absinthe jail break again. Then, after the jail break, you can restore from backup and thus have your iPad back the way it was before this all started.

Again, this is my best advice. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
I

ibnyasseen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a looooot Marilyn !

Your advices worked wonderfully. You saved my life :)
All is ok now.

Thanks again !!!

Most reactions

Latest posts