What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cursor Positioning When Opening Safari Page

solan a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to set where the cursor defaults to when opening a new Safari page on the iPad?

When I open a new page in Safari, I am doing it because I want to enter a web address for a page and am getting tired of having to move the cursor into the address bar before typing in the address.

I know it is rather trivial, but I am it is just better for my workflow on the iPad.

Thanks!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no roaming cursor on the iPad? All you have to do is tap and type....are you saying you don't want to scroll the page to reach the tap point? I don't know but it can't be that bothersome.

OP
S

solan a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I open up a new browser window, the cursor defaults to the Google search box rather than the web address box. I want it to be in the web address box because the majority of the time, I know the website I am going to and don't need to perform a search.

Thanks for the reply, by the way.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah I get what you're saying. I was thinking you were trying to point to a form in a webpage itself.
yeah that is a bother but most of the time I open a favorite next so it doesn't matter.

Most reactions

Latest posts