What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari new page question

paul9619

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

When I open a new page in safari. THe browser automatically moves to the new page.

Is there anyway of opening a new page but remaining on the current page?

Cheers

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in the upper left portion of the screen you have a forward and back button represented by arrow heads. to the right of that is a symbol that looks like two squares stacked on one another. tap that symbol and it will show you all open pages . the last page represents "new page". Tap it and you have a new blank page. type a url in the address bar and there you go. You can also close any open pages from this view by tapping the "x" in the upper left corner of each page.

Nate

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It actually dose keep your current page.
It is like every other "Normal" browser with TAB.
You are on one tab . open a new page, and it takes you to the next TAB.
Safari is the same, only the TABs are not visible at the front page like all other browsers.
In order to see the TABS, you need to hit that icon with 2 squares one on top of the other .
It'l open 9 little windows - In one of them you'll find your lost page.

You can use Atomic browser, that has Tabs.

OP
P

paul9619

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks for your replies.

I was after a feature more like Mozilla, where I can do a search and then right click on any results to show themn a new tab without leaving my current tab. Hopefully that makes sense, but it sounds like it's not possible.

Not-A-Pervert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Makes sense to me, as I was wondering the same thing. As far as im concerned, there is no setting to do this. What he means, guys.... Well, if your on an iPad, hold down my name and put "open in new page". When you open it, it will automatically take you to that page. He wants that page to open without going to it, and stayin on this page.
It sucks when you are viewing pictures and are opening multiple tabs at once, you have to keep switching back and forth.

Last edited:

Electaguitar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic browser supports opening new windows, but still keeping you in the same window. And full screen support. And gestures. And a bookmark bar.

Most reactions