What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crashing!

havin_aball

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday, I upgraded my iPad os. Today, Facebook and many other apps will not work. They flash as though they are going to boot, then my wallpaper and desktop appear. Are there any fixes for this?

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you officially download the apps? If your iPad was jailbroken before and you downloaded your apps from a "third party" they won't work anymore.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not already done so try reseting the iPad. This has fixed most peoples post update problems.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
H

havin_aball

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you officially download the apps? If your iPad was jailbroken before and you downloaded your apps from a "third party" they won't work anymore.

All of my apps were downloaded from the app store. I don't know the meaning of jailbroken, so I'm guessing it is not. The ipad came with Facebook, which now doesn't work, either.
any suggestions?

OP
H

havin_aball

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done a reboot and the hard shutdown you suggest. Neither fixed the problem. All of my apps were downloaded from the app store. Not even Facebook works, and FB came with the ipad. Any other suggestions?

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a last ditch effort, you can always restore from iTunes, this will put your iPad to an out of box state.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
havin_aball said:
I have done a reboot and the hard shutdown you suggest. Neither fixed the problem. All of my apps were downloaded from the app store. Not even Facebook works, and FB came with the ipad. Any other suggestions?

Facebook does not come with the iPad, so I have to guess that you bought the iPad from someone else that left their apps on the iPad.

Here is the problem. Apps are associated with the account that purchased them. Without that account you can not update the apps, and chances are that the un-updated apps are not compatible with the updated iOS version.

There is no way to transfer an app from one account to another. It is not just technical, but a matter of licensing and to help protect the developer from piracy. Apple prohibits it.

In order to get an updated app that will work with the new iOS you will need to delete the current app and download it again with your own account. If it is free, no big deal. If not you will have to pay

rlk55mlk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having similar problem with Facebook. When I go to FB wall I'm directed to YouTube clip in Safari. My IPad my account my app. Restart didn't work. Thanx

necayf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I thought I was the only one. I was so fed-up I deleted the fb app.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are widespread problems with the FB app launching videos when it should not. You are not alone.

OP
H

havin_aball

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I deleted all the apps that were crashing and re-downloaded them. Time consuming, but effective.

OP
H

havin_aball

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are correct. (dont you love it!) iPad does not come with FB. I was using the iPhone app on the iPad. Decided to delete the app. In fact, i deleted all the apps that were crashing and re-downloaded them. Time consuming, but effective.
Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Glad to be of help.

Hold in mind that others are having some weird auto play video problems with the FaceBook app right now. If it happens to you it is not the app's or iPads fault. We'll just have to wait for FaceBook to fix whatever they did.

Hawkmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen, I did a itunes restore which fixed it but afterwards I read a number of forums and it sounded like just deleting a couple apps and then reinstalling seemed to fix the oveall crashing. Must be some sort of an upgrade bug

Most reactions

Latest posts