What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.3 crashing issues

escapeartist02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since upgrading to 4.3.3 my Ipad 1 crashes constantly. I've done soft boot, through restore with nothing working. This is not App dependent--it encounters problems with everything from heavy media-type app to simple solitaire apps.

It acts like a memory problem (if it were a PC). Any thoughts?

Ipad is only 5 months old.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. If your still having some problems, but some are better. Reset again. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices. I always do a reset before an upgrade, and after. Things just work better that way.

looopass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the same problem

resetting the device doesn't help. All apps I purchased/downloaded from apps store will crash whenever I try to launch any of them. hopeless. Anyone could help?

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im Not jailbreaker expert like some in here, But in my expereince thus far, It is has been how patient I am with the installtion process. My 1st installment was with 4.2.2 and a hurried thru it as I was a eager beaver. Hence I had a few locked and crashes. It almost lead me to think I JB wasn't worth it. And so I went back to the std iPad. But After researching abit more, I gave it one more shot. But this time I left it plugged into itunes over night while I slept. And from that point Ihad no problems what so ever. Since then I did read some where that most people disconnect from itunes to soon. Which makes me think most of the issues people have are from this. Since then I updated to 4.3.3 and although I didnt leave it plugged in over night, I did leave it in until everything had settled down. Off memory it was about 3 hrs before I dissonected from itunes. YOu know when its completely finished doing what eva it has to do.
And of course I have had no problems what so ever. So I suggest doign a fresh install, and dont be in a hurry to unplugg from itunes.... I am sure one of the savvy JBers will explain this alot better than I

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts