What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy and paste

Letitbe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

First post and it's a problem......sorry

This is a strange one, a few days ago I copied an email I had written and then posted it successfully into another email without a problem. Now I can't copy and paste anything else! I go through the motions of selecting and copying but when I come to paste it elsewhere all I have is the copy of the email I copied a few days ago.

I have tried switching off and even done a reset but the email copy is still there and nothing else will copy. I guess it's like a clipboard malfunction but can't figure out how to clear it

Thanks for any help :eek:

fanckush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thus is really strange
You should try a hard reset: by clicking the home button & the power button (sleep button) together until you see the apple logo
Or if you are jailbroken try to respring

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I once experienced a similar glitch in which the pinch to zoom wasn't working; try rebooting the iPad using the method specified by fanckush. Rebooting resolves the issue for me (it happens occasionally).

OP
L

Letitbe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but I have tried that with no joy. I have even done a reset From 'settings' 'general' and 'reset all settings' and it's still there!

It's something to do with email as I have now found I can copy and paste a word or sentence after writing it in an email first. It will then paste into say a web page but it's still not possible to copy from anything other than the email app.

My next step is to delete all my emails and close the email accounts on the iPad and then reinstall them to see if that changes things.

I got my pad within days of them coming out here and this is the first glitch I have had I wish my laptop was as reliable. I will let you know if deleting the email accounts works.

Thanks for the help

OP
L

Letitbe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorted now

Just to let you know how I sorted it. I did a complete reset 'all settings and content' and it's fine now. One thing that did surprise me was it kept the 5.1.1 OS and didn't revert to the original OS like a windows pc does.

Still all now sorted and working properly:eek:

Thanks for the help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to let you know how I sorted it. I did a complete reset 'all settings and content' and it's fine now. One thing that did surprise me was it kept the 5.1.1 OS and didn't revert to the original OS like a windows pc does.

Still all now sorted and working properly:eek:

Thanks for the help

Just as an FYI - the iPad will always default to restoring to the most current iOS, which is 5.1.1 in this case. You have to take special steps to get the iPad to restore to an older iOS.

Just so you know that this is normal behavior...

Marilyn

OP
L

Letitbe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[SUP][/SUP]
Just as an FYI - the iPad will always default to restoring to the most current iOS, which is 5.1.1 in this case. You have to take special steps to get the iPad to restore to an older iOS.

Just so you know that this is normal behavior...

Marilyn

Thanks for that, I guess I am never to old to learn something new:eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts