What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Control Center more of a bother

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to turn this "feature" off?
When scrolling up (going down the screen) say in Safari I tend to pull the Control Center when I don't need it.

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, I consider it one of the best additions in IOS7 and use it constantly instead of menu diving. I've had an ipad 1, 3 that was updated with IOS7 before buying the Air. Absolutely one of the things I'd be really angry about if it disappeared. Obviously different strokes..... Just goes to show why its so difficult to take into consideration different people's reviews of things unless you really know you are on same page as the reviewer.

OP
S

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.
I had turned it off, but when on home screen it still popped up. Opened Safari and yes it no longer pops up. Silly me.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not possible to turn it off completely. You can disable it for apps and lock screen, not for home screens.

Last edited:

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was more or less of your opinion, sethm 1, but recently, I've found the Control Center useful, mainly for turning Bluetooth on and off. I agree, though, that it does sometimes pop up without warning...ditto the 'search iPad/iPhone' pull down, when you actually want to access the notification center.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know what the OP is saying and I've launched it a few times myself inadvertently while scrolling a page or app. But, I've learned to swipe a little more left or right and it doesn't happen anymore. You'll get used to it. The benefits of it far outweigh that one issue, IMO. Love the quick access to the important stuff.

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I like the control center. I don't love the way apple does notifications vs. android though, and may disable notifications entirely.

Most reactions

Latest posts