What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Message Center 2.0 - can't scroll down email

jmckhobbsq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon forced me to upgrade to their Verizon Message Center 2.0, and now when I open an email that is longer than can be displayed on the iPad screen, there is no way to scroll down. There is no visible scrollbar as there is on the Apple desktop, and when I try and swipe to scroll down, the whole screen shot moves, not the email. Verizon says this is an Apple issue, but it worked fine with the previous email message center. My browser is Safari.

thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem - you need to use the iPad's 'Two finger' scroll gesture.

Instead of trying to scroll the window with one finger, use two instead (it's for embedded frames within a normal web page). I use my first and second finger together - lightly touch the screen with two fingers at once and scroll - it takes a bit of practice (I usually end up doing something completely unintentional the first time) but it soon becomes second nature.

Tim

OP
J

jmckhobbsq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow, that works! thanks!!!!! (I wish Verizon could have told me that!)

OP
J

jmckhobbsq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon msg center- keyboard doesn't pop up for email reply

I realize I have another problem with the new verizon message center. When I try to write a reply to an email, the keyboard doesn't pop up when I tap the body of the letter (I even tried tapping with two fingers). It does pop up when I tap the subject box.

Again verizon says this is apple's issue, not their new app message center 2.0.

Thanks, Jeanne

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realize I have another problem with the new verizon message center. When I try to write a reply to an email, the keyboard doesn't pop up when I tap the body of the letter (I even tried tapping with two fingers). It does pop up when I tap the subject box.

Again verizon says this is apple's issue, not their new app message center 2.0.

Thanks, Jeanne

I'm probably not going to be as lucky this time....:(

I don't use the Verizon Message Center, of course, because I'm in the UK but some Members have a similar problem with the iPad Forum app - i.e. the keyboard pops up in the Subject field but not in the Message field. They found that they had to select a font first of all (so if the Verizon Message Center doesn't offer you that option, my idea fails at the first hurdle...) and then, once you've selected a font, if you touch the message body 'box' the keyboard will pop up.

Anyway, worth a try I guess....hope it works OK

Tim

OP
J

jmckhobbsq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon Msg Center 2.0, not apply to type email reply

thanks again, who would have thought that changing the font would affect this.

So, I am able to change the font, and when I tap the down arrow the keyboard does appear, along with a blinking blue vertical cursor about 3/4 across the page, but when I tap the letters on the keyboard, they don't appear where the cursor is (although the keyboard letters do toggle from white to grey when I tap them)

I saw in the app forum you mentioned that the OU with this issue saw a java script error regarding rich text, but I don't know how to turn that off (or if it would have any affect on the problem)

thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wowww....we're getting there - sorry it's so slow....OK, let's try something 'quick and dirty' - a power-off, power-on reset. Try turning the iPad *completely* off by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears - then accept the offer to turn off. When the iPad screen has gone completely blank - a couple of seconds - press and hold the Power button again until the white Apple logo appears. Let the iPad power up and try again.

If that doesn't fix it (remember the font selection first, though), we can try some more 'interesting' solutions...

Thanks for being so patient...

Tim

OP
J

jmckhobbsq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for being so helpful! I powered off/on, went back to compose, tapped the font drop down which brought up the keyboard and the blinking cursor in the body, but tapping letters in the keyboard do not appear at the cursor.

Chatted with Verizon, (I think they were doing their research on the forums :), they have to get back to me later today when someone with an iPad comes on duty ;-P

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for being so helpful! I powered off/on, went back to compose, tapped the font drop down which brought up the keyboard and the blinking cursor in the body, but tapping letters in the keyboard do not appear at the cursor.

Chatted with Verizon, (I think they were doing their research on the forums :), they have to get back to me later today when someone with an iPad comes on duty ;-P

OK - thanks for letting me know. I'm working 'at a distance' because I can't access the Verizon Message Center, so I can't try out any 'fixes'. Let me know how their suggestion goes and, if there's still a problem, please get back to us and we'll see what we can do...

Again, thanks for being so patient..

Tim

OP
J

jmckhobbsq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon Msg Center says tablets/smart phones not supported for Msg Ctr 2.0

they did suggest that I switch to the m.verizon mobile app for the duration, but I hate the interface - you can't even move an email out of the spam folder into the inbox if it's not spam.

Basically, they told me to lump it, if I didn't like the support, i could try yahoo, gmail or hotmail because as far at they are concerned, tablets (and smart phones) are not supported devices and they don't have enought users to make it worth trying to fix.

OP
J

jmckhobbsq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon Msg Center says tablets/smart phones not supported for Msg Ctr 2.0

I did find the error posted on a Verizon forum by a former employee, he asked to be connected to the dev team, and they replied in a private message.

Javascript error that states:
Javascript Warning on Line 14
RichText should not be used with the TEXTAREA TAG. See dijit._editor.RichText docs.

[FONT=Verdana,]http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/cannot-compose-or-reply-to-email-using-verizon-web-mail-with/td-p/314379[/FONT]

Most reactions

Latest posts