Control Center

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by cecilrwilliams, Nov 30, 2013.

1. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    IOS 7 upgrade provided Control Center. I like it; however, when reading and scrolling pages, up pops the Control Center. Try scrolling from the side and you accidentally activate the copy command.

I wish we had the option to position the Control Center to the left side of the iPad or iPhone.

How many agree or am I the only one always activating the pop up Control Center when scrolling. Any suggestions? I disable Control Center, my loss on it's benefits.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The only thing you can do is make sure you start your scrolling swipe in from the edge of the screen. This will stop the control centre from popping up.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    That about all you can do. Make a habit of scrolling nearer the center of the screen. Control Center only pops up if you start before or at the very edge of the screen.

The left edge of the screen is already reserved for a 'back' option. It's only available in a few apps now, mostly Apple's, but expect it to become more common.

4. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the replies. I do try, all suggested, I have one or two apps that I read daily that highlight the word I touch to scroll either to copy/defind. It is just a nuisance. I just turned off the Control Center.

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If you only turned off Access Within Apps, then at least you can still get to it from the lock and home screen. So it's still somewhat available.

6. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That is true, thank you.