What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts duplicated

TJMay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After updating to IOS5, my contacts now have multiple entries. In some cases as many as 6 entries. While I would like to know how this happened, I'm more concerned with what to do about it.

Deleting the multiple entries one at a time for the many hundreds of entries in my contacts is not very appealing.

Any ideas?

Tommy

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know what to tell you. My iPad/iPhone survived intact, but I ended up with duplicate calendar entries on my MacBook Pro.

TonyS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This doubling happened to me as well - with calendar, not with contacts. Solved it by going to 'Calendars' from calendar month view - then you see new settings 'all from my Mac' and 'all from iCloud' - apparently calendar is reading events from BOTH. I unchecked EITHER one of these, and events went back to proper single listings. Luckily a quick fix! Not sure about contacts....

poqal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happening to me too - only my calendar events are not only listed multiple times, they have skipped over to the next day.

acliff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought to share an app which helped me to clear the duplicate contact problem with iOs5. It is called PhoneBook CleanMaster, try it, it should solve the problem in 5 minutes. The best part of it is that you have an option to examine detailed information of each contact before batch delete or merge. There are other apps, none is free. PhoneBook CleanMaster seems work best.

zijohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cleanmaster is the one

Thought to share an app which helped me to clear the duplicate contact problem with iOs5. It is called PhoneBook CleanMaster, try it, it should solve the problem in 5 minutes. The best part of it is that you have an option to examine detailed information of each contact before batch delete or merge. There are other apps, none is free. PhoneBook CleanMaster seems work best.
Dito, phonebook cleanmaster saved my day.

Most reactions

Latest posts