What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constantly dropping wifi connection

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated to IOS 6.0.1 on ipad 2 and constantly keeps dropping wifi connection after a few minutes of use, it's not in sleep mode and I already tried resetting network,settings and already tried forgetting network and switching wifi on and off switch to no avail, and also tried resetting all settings and anything that you can think of, I previously had iOS 5.0.1 and never had this problem, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
A

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Have you tried resetting the router, sometimes that helps.

Already tried several times, funny that as soon that I open mail app it reconnects wifi instead of reconnecting on the network settings weird..

Last edited:
OP
A

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard there will be a upgrade fix for wifi issues this month can anybody confirm?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple does not pre-announce updates, so any rumors will be just that, and unconfirmable. Not that I've heard any rumors except that iOS 6.1 has had a couple of beta releases to developers. What's in that release is, again, mostly rumors.

The 6.0.2 update for the iPad Mini and iPhone 5 was about wi-fi issues. That may be what you've been hearing.

Since you've already reset your network settings on the iPad and restarted the router, my recommendation is that you check with the router's manufacture support site and see if there are any firmware updates for it. That's been known to help.

HeszXDopee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried hard reseting your ipad?
Hold power button and home button at the same time.The ipad will turn off then restart showing the apple sign.(release both buttons once you see the apple)

Zachariah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this

Tap on “Settings” and then tap on “General”
Tap “Wi-Fi” and look for the network name you are connected to, tap the blue (>) arrow next to it
Tap the “Static” tab and enter network appropriate DHCP/static IP information (if you don't know this google setting up static ip for your specific brand of router)
Use 8.8.8.8 or 208.67.220.220 for DNS
Close out of Settings and launch Safari or another network app to confirm connectivity

If that doesn't help make sure your router doesn't have QoS turned on. (Again search how to shut of QoS for your specific router)

Third and I actually recommend it period.
Turn your auto brightness setting off and your brightness to max. For some reason the brightness lowered also lowers the output of the wifi antenna. I have tested this with my Airrouter HP and it lowers my Db by sometimes up to 9Db.

Last edited:
OP
A

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zachariah said:
Try this

Tap on “Settings” and then tap on “General”
Tap “Wi-Fi” and look for the network name you are connected to, tap the blue (>) arrow next to it
Tap the “Static” tab and enter network appropriate DHCP/static IP information (if you don't know this google setting up static ip for your specific brand of router)
Use 8.8.8.8 or 208.67.220.220 for DNS
Close out of Settings and launch Safari or another network app to confirm connectivity

If that doesn't help make sure your router doesn't have QoS turned on. (Again search how to shut of QoS for your specific router)

Third and I actually recommend it period.
Turn your auto brightness setting off and your brightness to max. For some reason the brightness lowered also lowers the output of the wifi antenna. I have tested this with my Airrouter HP and it lowers my Db by sometimes up to 9Db.

Thanks for the advice but my root to this problem was my wireless router needed a firmware upgrade that I got from the manufactures website, which apparently the firmware on the router was not the current one, then backed up my router settings and did a factory reset then restore router settings and now happy and problem resolved. I had to google it to find out with instructions.

traveller1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw this fix on another post and can attest that it works. I suffered from dropped connections and forgotten passwords, on both an Ipad1 and Ipad2, on both a Netgear and a TPlink router. Solution - Always use the Other option to manually enter network name, security type and password.

Most reactions