What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 cannot connect to wifi-netgearDGN2000

diane3333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can no longer get wifi although I could before. The wifi is working as my daughter's ipad still connects, as do all our other devices. Switched netgear off a week ago (ipad working then) but from when I have switched on netgear the following morning cant connect to network, circle repeats endlessly and then numbers for ip address, subnet mask and dns appear temporarily before being lost.

Some pertinent notes:
a few weeks ago re-did netgear connection to all devices as connection was lost, since then all computers, printers and 2 ipads working just fine.
then a week ago switched netgear off(to stop my son using our entire allowance and being reduced to diallup AGAIN) my ipad 2 connected just fine before, but from switching netgear on the following morning hasn't been able to connect, although other devices are working including my daughters ipad 2
phoned netgear but they cannot help
phoned apple call centre, closed, but discovered on support website that ip starting with 169.254 aren't supported, notice that mine(for the few seconds it is there) is 169.254......which is supposed to be a problem??? whereas my daughter's is 192.168.....

Switched wifi on and off, switched ipad off and on, rebooted ipad which I have never done before after googling how to do it, terrifying but my photos were still there!!!, reset network settings and then reset all settings.

I am a beginner and doing all this was quite traumatic, still cant connect and have now joined to try to sort this out, newbie!!!

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Silly question, but does the WiFi connection work if you go someplace with a hotspot you can access?

I have the same router and have had a similar issue in the past that turned put to be the router itself. Other wifi devices would connect, but my iPad wouldn't no matter what I tried.

If you can't connect elsewhere, you probably need to have the iPad looked at.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums from Brisbane Australia.

First regard the net gear. I would like you to try this turn off all devices connected then power off the modem router for at least 10 minutes. Restart the modem wait untill it connects then turn on the iPad if ip is still the same hold down the home button and on/off wait for white apple logo and release the buttons. If all okthen turn on other computers and printers please let me know what happens ok.

mannyberrios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does net gear work on the iPad , and iPhone? And what Internet conection do I need?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought a new netgear router when I got my iPad 1 two years ago. It has worked very well for me. One suggestion that I haven't seen here is to use the forget this network option to re-install your network connection.

Most reactions

Latest posts