What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi Connectivity

akeys11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2 and consistently have wifi connection issues. It constantly disconnects. I have tried turning off wifi and back on, forgetting network, renewing lease, keeping auto brightness off.....frustration level is through the roof!! No other devices (pc, laptop, iPhones) are having same issue. HELP!

OP
A

akeys11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comcast modem with Linksys wireless N router

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2 and consistently have wifi connection issues. It constantly disconnects. I have tried turning off wifi and back on, forgetting network, renewing lease, keeping auto brightness off.....frustration level is through the roof!! No other devices (pc, laptop, iPhones) are having same issue. HELP!

You seem to have carried out the right tests. Have you considered connecting up to another router, say an acquaintance's, just to check whether your router/modem is ready for exchange?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Akeys11 - I have an iPad 2 and have upgraded to iOS 6.01 - my Wi-Fi connection (home network w/ Linksys router & Time-Warner modem) on the device is occasionally lost (more often than w/ the older iOS; my laptop works fine @ the same time) - as you probably know from searching the web, this has been a common complaint w/ the introduction of this iOS - Apple appears to have solved 'part' of the issue - for more information (and some suggestions to 'repair' your Wi-Fi connection), check out THIS ARTICLE - :)

AND, if you find a solution(s), please post back - may help others - good luck!

OP
A

akeys11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually have and it works fine other places and connecting to my wifi hot spot on my iPhone, I'm guessing its the router but I have no clue what settings to mess with. Ideas?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you live close to others with wifi? Sometimes it can be interference which may affect one device more than others. Try switching the channel. Also check to see what frequency your router is using, you can also change the orientation of the router antenna(s) or move the router as the signal may be partially blocked depending on the environment. Is it an older router? Sometimes some devices will respond to a change in the MTU (max transmission unit) but this is normally an 'efficiency' setting that relates to comms between the router and your provider (if your problem is having a connection but no Internet connectivity adjusting this may help or your modem - DSL, cable, satellite etc - may be problematic.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
Do you live close to others with wifi? Sometimes it can be interference which may affect one device more than others. Try switching the channel. Also check to see what frequency your router is using, you can also change the orientation of the router antenna(s) or move the router as the signal may be partially blocked depending on the environment. Is it an older router? Sometimes some devices will respond to a change in the MTU (max transmission unit) but this is normally an 'efficiency' setting that relates to comms between the router and your provider (if your problem is having a connection but no Internet connectivity adjusting this may help or your modem - DSL, cable, satellite etc - may be problematic.

This is excellent advice and to add to it, you may want to check that the router software is up to date.

The Archangel

lbender8031

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a user at my location (a workplace0 who seems to have the same sort of problem.... He has an iPad 3 that he says works fine connecting to other wifi networks but when he comes here it will take an extremely long time to connect to our network & once it does connect he cannot access the internet. NOTE: I can connect successfully using both my work laptop (a windows 7 pc) and my personal Android phone. Any suggestions? My network admin is convinced there is no issue with the network itself & I tend to agree since no one else is having this issue here.

Most reactions

Latest posts