1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Considering an Ipad 1, What exactly can it do as far as video? Should I go Ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Mike21222, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Mike21222

Mike21222 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, new to the forum and I am secifically looking for a few details as far as features on the Original vs the Ipad 2.

1) Can it do Netflix?
    2) How about HBO Go or Max Go?
    3) Bluetooth or WiFi network sharing?
    4) Media sharing / playback from my DirecTv DVR? (DVR contect in general, not just NFL sunday Ticket)

Mike
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    As far as I'm aware (from reading other Member's posts) you're good to go with (1), (2) and (4) but not (3) - hopefully other Members will correct me...

Tim
  3. Good karma

Good karma iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    given movie is your priority, i would suggest go for the iPad 2, the dual core processor is better for that and so is the higher RAM amount. also the iPad 2 is lighter and easier to handle then the iPad 1.
  4. Heaviside

Heaviside iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Yup! I am using both Bluetooth (Monster Clarity remote speakers) and Home Sharing to stream video to my AppleTV. I am running iOS 5, and initially had a problem with the streaming video---but a firmware upgrade on the Apple TV was all that was required to solve the problem.

That said, I would probably go with the iPad 2 to get mirroring via Apple TV.