What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering an Ipad 1, What exactly can it do as far as video? Should I go Ipad 2?

Mike21222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and I am secifically looking for a few details as far as features on the Original vs the Ipad 2.

1) Can it do Netflix?
2) How about HBO Go or Max Go?
3) Bluetooth or WiFi network sharing?
4) Media sharing / playback from my DirecTv DVR? (DVR contect in general, not just NFL sunday Ticket)

Mike

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware (from reading other Member's posts) you're good to go with (1), (2) and (4) but not (3) - hopefully other Members will correct me...

Tim

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
given movie is your priority, i would suggest go for the iPad 2, the dual core processor is better for that and so is the higher RAM amount. also the iPad 2 is lighter and easier to handle then the iPad 1.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup! I am using both Bluetooth (Monster Clarity remote speakers) and Home Sharing to stream video to my AppleTV. I am running iOS 5, and initially had a problem with the streaming video---but a firmware upgrade on the Apple TV was all that was required to solve the problem.

That said, I would probably go with the iPad 2 to get mirroring via Apple TV.

Most reactions

Latest posts