My Ipad 1 vs Ipad 2 review (for people on the fence like i was)

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Apple Newbie, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Apple Newbie

Apple Newbie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    In my case Ipad 1 screen at 75% looks like the Ipad 2 screen at a little less than 50%. Could be an issue with my frist gen i didnt know about though. As none of the reviews i have read mention this.

2. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Actually...THAT has me excited, too...I'm hearing impaired and there are times when I struggle to hear a video or audio playback. Yay!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

3. chiffchaff

chiffchaff
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Things that are really noticeable for me are the thinner form (of course), faster performance, and brighter screen. The weight difference isn't real obvious to me but I sold my first iPad a few days ago and can't do a side by side comparison. Maybe if I did it would be very apparent. Just checked out the sound after reading this thread and and it does seem better too.

Saw some side by side screen caps from a game on Mac Rumors and the iPad2 seemed to have better contrast and brighter whites. Didn't expect that, it's nice. Overall the upgrade is worth it for me given how much I use my iPad. Gen 1 was and still is a great device, and did everything I needed it to. This just does it a bit better in several ways.

4. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    'nuff said. Can't wait to get mine!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

5. FatalDesain

FatalDesain
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The differences are so minor it's like comparing a new year of the same model car. This is the bottomline when you use it the both feel the same when you look at the screen they look the same. It only makes sense to me in my opinion for new users to buy.

I really wish apple would of done something with the screen because that is the main thing you interact with and look at. Maybe if they even had a special ipad2 app that makes it shine then maybe. Same apps and some might run 1 percent faster big whoop.

6. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I think a lot of the iPad 1 owners who actually have the thing in their hands would beg to differ. Certainly all of the "pro" reviewers had good things to say about it. Besides, even with the SAME screen as the iPad 1, I'm happy with it. It's not perfect and it doesn't have EVERY little thing everyone wants but just enough.

Though not a "major" upgrade, it's certainly not "minor" either.

Have fun waiting for iPad 3...IF it comes out this year (I doubt it will unless iPad 2 sales aren't strong, which is unlikely).

7. FatalDesain

FatalDesain
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah good things to say if your a new buyer because its different they don't own it so you have nothing. But if you have one already there is nothing major. I had both all morning and trust me its better but i can't recommend anyone upgrade. Like i was getting upset it didnt do anything different.

8. Bigmerf

Bigmerf
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    This is my first tablet and first apple product since the iPhone 3GS. I am liking it a lot

9. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Uh, that's kind of what I alluded to in my reply. A lot of folks who already have the first generation iPad that now have the iPad 2 are saying they're glad they got the upgrade. I've yet to hear from anyone who's actually sounding disappointed.

Well, maybe except for you. Guess it ain't for everybody.

10. Megadesertdiesel

Megadesertdiesel
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am very disappointed with the camera picture quality.

But I still love my new toy.