What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect ipad 2 with external hardisk

ferry_ciu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo,
Can i connect ipad to external hardisk like WD with power supply or without power.
What apps to install before? And how to connected?
I need more space storage for helping me on site ( i'm photographer and cinematographer)
Thank before everyone....

Ferry

Troubleina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless someone else knows different, you cant use an external.
I do use a go-flex wireless, but i have to download my ipad pix to my mac, then put them on the go-flex. Once there i can connect to the go-flex wirelessly and see my previously saved content. Its a lot of moving around data though.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at Gabriel1's thread in the iPad connect/Network Attached Storage section. He has done a great deal of work on this and it sounds ideal for your requirements.

Last edited:
OP
ferry_ciu

ferry_ciu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Troubleina said:
Unless someone else knows different, you cant use an external.
I do use a go-flex wireless, but i have to download my ipad pix to my mac, then put them on the go-flex. Once there i can connect to the go-flex wirelessly and see my previously saved content. Its a lot of moving around data though.

Yup ina,
Not simple anymore...
Hehhe..
Still searching the way out..

OP
ferry_ciu

ferry_ciu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all,
I try cloud ftp....
So far so good....