1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

External unnoticed by iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by iperd, Aug 15, 2012.

1. iperd

iperd iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking for some help connecting my 1tb wd passport to my iPad. I have followed all of the proper steps on this site and many others, but I am still getting device requires too much power or hdd not ready in USB toggle. I have been able to use 16gb flash drives but I am still running into problems with this external. I have tried to split power with the iPad charger, laptop, and ps3 but still keeps saying too much power required. I also did a search on this site and didn't find anything matching my problem. Hopefully someone out there can help.
  2. iperd

iperd iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Problem solved. If you run into this problem the y split USB cable might not be efficient enough. I bought a Belkin powered hub and now have access to 1 tb on my external hard drive. Thanks anyways.
  3. ruthvik

ruthvik iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having a problem and cant connect usb flash drives or externals, can you help man?