What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External unnoticed by iPad 3

iperd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for some help connecting my 1tb wd passport to my iPad. I have followed all of the proper steps on this site and many others, but I am still getting device requires too much power or hdd not ready in USB toggle. I have been able to use 16gb flash drives but I am still running into problems with this external. I have tried to split power with the iPad charger, laptop, and ps3 but still keeps saying too much power required. I also did a search on this site and didn't find anything matching my problem. Hopefully someone out there can help.

OP
I

iperd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved. If you run into this problem the y split USB cable might not be efficient enough. I bought a Belkin powered hub and now have access to 1 tb on my external hard drive. Thanks anyways.

ruthvik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem and cant connect usb flash drives or externals, can you help man?

Most reactions

Latest posts