What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color messed up problem

Steven999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMG_1305.PNG IMG_1306.JPG
Hello guys,
Yesterday im just got this problem instantly while im playing a game on my ipad
The color now look messed up, but some color isnt

Im going to upload 2 pict
Which from my view and screenshot from ipad. Did you guys see the different?
Is that software glitch or my hardware issue?
When im press power button, my ipad blink 3 times before close, and in that blink theres a second my ipad color back to normal..

Need your asvice guys
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello guys,
Yesterday im just got this problem instantly while im playing a game on my ipad
The color now look messed up, but some color isnt

Im going to upload 2 pict
Which from my view and screenshot from ipad. Did you guys see the different?
Is that software glitch or my hardware issue?
When im press power button, my ipad blink 3 times before close, and in that blink theres a second my ipad color back to normal..

Hi Steven - just for starters, 'Reset' your iPad; if not familiar w/ the maneuver, then hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (may take 10 sec or so), then release and allow the device to reboot - this is similar to turning a computer off and then on - none of your data, apps, or settings will be lost. Let us know - good luck! Dave :)

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

OP
Steven999

Steven999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMG_1307.JPG Hi dave, i already use your advice, but its still like that,
Then i restore the ipad to factory setting, still dont work..
Do you think my hardware issue? Or its just glitch
Someone say lcd part must be changed, but from what i see in google, if lcd broke its visual not like my problem
But from what i see it still visual some normal colour, only dark colour that messed up,
This is what i see in my ipad,
See your dp dave, only some colour like that,,
Thanks for your attention..
Btw, in my city doesnt have apple service center, so im fcked up...

OP
Steven999

Steven999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMG_1308.JPG 1 more, did you see top left this pict, im just browsing on web,
When i go to home menu, the writing when im browsing still stick on the screen...

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again Steven - I was hoping that the 'Reset' would do the trick for you - might want to give the maneuver another try just as a double-check. Looking at one of your 'added' images, almost looks like the 'brightness' setting is too low (does not really explain some of your others pics, though) - but might want to check the setting, if not already done.

If none of these re-checks solve your issue(s), then some type of 'diagnostics' of the hardware would be worth a consideration, but you seem to not have a local Apple store - any authorized Apple repair stores in your area? I own an iPad Air 2 w/ Apple Care which has now expired - assume that you also have no valid warranty? Not sure where you are located, but give Apple a call and talk to a support individual - I just had service on my nearly 4-year old MBPro and Apple replaced my battery for free despite my warranty having expired - sometimes you can be surprised. Dave :)

ADDENDUM: For those interested in my last comment above, checkout my MacForums Thread HERE - a great Apple service experience for me!

Last edited:
OP
Steven999

Steven999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMG_1309.JPG Thats not inverted color,
I will photo my screen when im turning inverted color on

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This kind of fault is typical of either a problem with the graphic chip, or the connector between the graphic card and the screen. The connector is the more common issue.

Occasionally he, a firm rap on the back of the iPad to fix, at least temporarily, a loose connector.

Other than that, it will require an actual repair.

If you have an Apple store nearby, you could make an appointment and get a free diagnostic. If they decided need to hardware repair, they will give you a quote.

You can also go to third-party repair shops. Just be sure to pick a reliable one preferably one that's Apple certified.

Note: this was voice dictated. Any mistakes are only partly my fault. I don't have time to edit it at the moment.

jjanvier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This kind of fault is typical of either a problem with the graphic chip, or the connector between the graphic card and the screen. The connector is the more common issue.

Occasionally he, a firm rap on the back of the iPad to fix, at least temporarily, a loose connector.

Other than that, it will require an actual repair.

If you have an Apple store nearby, you could make an appointment and get a free diagnostic. If they decided need to hardware repair, they will give you a quote.

You can also go to third-party repair shops. Just be sure to pick a reliable one preferably one that's Apple certified.

Note: this was voice dictated. Any mistakes are only partly my fault. I don't have time to edit it at the moment.

I want to add another possible cause to this from my own experience: bad battery. In my case a battery in the pack went bad and started to swell, therewith putting pressure on the underside of the screen. I believe that youtube fixes involving sharp hits on the back of the ipad, will tear the outer shell of the battery and push out the built-up gas, so the pressure is off. However, this potentially can cause the bad battery to start leaking into your ipad. Also the gas is toxic. I recommend to let an experienced repair guy carefully remove the display(without breaking) and check the batteries first. If it is a bad battery, the fix is not that expensive.

Most reactions