What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clipboard behavior

cheese81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought cut or copy would replace what's on the clipboard. That doesn't seem to happen all the time. Under what circumstances does "copy" NOT clear the clipboard first?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I've never seen this behavior. Whenever I copy something, as far as I know or can tell, it overwrites whatever is on the clip board.

Sorry, but got nothing else. Except, maybe you didn't hit the Copy button just right and so it disappeared with you thinking it had copied? I've had that happen when I am not too careful of where I press...

Marilyn

nozero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any else seen this behavior???

Indeed and frequently. I have since found two apps that work for this issue.

1) Called "Clipboard", it has other features as well, but to clear or "clean" as they say, just open the app and hit the "settings" button
and on the next page, hit "clean". I've not used the other features so I can't comment there...

2) Called "iClear", SWEET! It lets you see what is currently on the clipboard before clearing it!

HTH!

Respectfully,
nozero

Most reactions

Latest posts