What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clipboard

M

moparherb

In the old PC days if you copied something to the clipboard it took memory and depending on size could slow the computer down. I just noticed that an article I copied earlier today was still available to be pasted. My question is what clears the "clipboard", if that is what Apple calls it, and does clearing it free up memory? Not a huge issue I was just curious.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, there is nothing you can do to clear the clipboard. If you are worried about memory space, you can, however, make the clipboard contain nothing but one character by doing a copy of one character.

I don't know how much memory the clipboard uses. But, copying a smaller amount may help.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have the Workflow app, it's trivial to create a Clear Clipboard script; then you can either add it to Workflow's action menu items (for access inside apps), or have an icon on the home screen.

I have no idea what affect it has on memory.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423027946.456150.jpg

OP
M

moparherb

Thank you both for your responses. My iPad Air works great and I do not see any low memory issues. I probably wouldn't notice them if there was an issue. The question really was just a kind of "what happens if". Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Alice, but no - there are no clipboard settings on the iPad. The only way to clear the last copy is to make another copy.

Marilyn

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are several clipboard managers in the App Store which can store multiple items etc. Most have to be paid for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts