What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charge another device from your ipad's power??

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a simple answer to an odd question.
Can I charge my phone, android, micro USB, with the life of the battery inside my iPad?
As in plugging one into another?

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if u thing about the usb to power adapter, yes why not

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. The iPad port does not deliver enough power to charge another device.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The ipad used to give enough power out of the USB camera connector kit for me to power my USB Barcode scanner. I then used a database app and scanned in equipment with the bar-code scanner. However after last years iOS update, they have limited the amount of power that the iPad can output and it no longer powers my usb scanner. You get a popup saying something about it not having enough power to use this device.

OP
C

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know if there is a jailbreak app that can unlimit that cap? Or at least change it? I think it might be doable. I don't know how, but it doesn't seem unreasonable... Lol
I really wouldn't care if I killed half my iPads battery from charging my phone. It's just sometimes it would be hugely convenient to just power my phone from my iPad.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Do you know if there is a jailbreak app that can unlimit that cap? Or at least change it? I think it might be doable. I don't know how, but it doesn't seem unreasonable... Lol
I really wouldn't care if I killed half my iPads battery from charging my phone. It's just sometimes it would be hugely convenient to just power my phone from my iPad.

Sadly nope. No app.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Most reactions