What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review of Air Zuker 18,000mAh 2-Port Power Bank

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Air Zuker is a rechargeable 18,000mAh battery unit that can then be used to charge a slave device connected to it via USB. Included in the package is the Power Bank, micro USB cable and user manual. Sadly, there is no storage bag included.

The external battery measures in at 159 x 63 x 24 mm and weighs 354g. It feels sturdy in the hand, in part due to the weight of the internal battery and also thanks to the good construction on offer. The unit does have a smooth all over finish though so be wary of placing this somewhere it may slide.

It features four blue LEDs on the top to indicate remaining power and a power button on one side to enable the remaining power indicator or to operate the LED torch function with a double click. This is a handy feature that is creeping into more and more power banks. On the end it has two full sized USB ports as well as the LED torch. On opposite sides we have the micro USB port for recharging and the power button. There is no supplied charger but the included cable or indeed any other micro USB cable can be used in connection with any USB source. The external battery will make full use of a 2A USB power source so if you have an available connection, it will greatly speed up the recharging time - expect this to fully charge in around 8-9 hours. Given the large capacity of this external battery, this is actually a fairly short charge time.

From a full charge, 18,000 mAh of portable power is on offer. To put this in an IOS perspective, an iPhone 6 rated @ 1,810 mAh could be fully charged almost 10 times! An iPad mini @ 4,490 mAh could be charged 4 times while a full sized iPad Air 2 @ 7,340 mAh could be charged almost 2.5 times. These figures are based on a best case scenario but the actual number of charges will be less per charge due to the inefficient nature of cable charging and power loss due to heat - this affects all chargers and won't change anytime soon unless a manufacturer magically cheats the laws of physics. The USB ports are labelled with their output values since one is rated as 1A and the other at 2.1A. Two devices can also be charged simultaneously which makes this a flexible performer thanks to its 3.1A total output, especially given the large capacity. One thing I did note during my testing was that regardless of what device you are charging or even if you are recharging this external battery, it remained cool at all times. This is a welcome surprise when it comes to portable devices and batteries.

For me, travelling with my usual compliment of gadgets makes a product like a power bank a sensible purchase. All my portable gadgets from phones, tablets, music player, ebook reader, keyboard and camera can be charged via USB and having the ability to do this when away from a fixed power source gives real peace of mind. This external battery delivers a very high power capacity and flexibility of dual charging in a portable and well priced package and the only change I would make would be to include a small storage bag. If you are in a similar position then this comes highly recommended.

I got this from http://www.amazon.co.uk/18000mAh-Pr...UTF8&qid=1431349495&sr=8-1&keywords=air+zuker

Video review:

Attachments

• Air Zuker Battery review 1.jpg
    Air Zuker Battery review 1.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Air Zuker Battery review 2.jpg
    Air Zuker Battery review 2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 382

Most reactions