What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change tracking in Word files?

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of the word processors available for the iPad support change tracking in Word files?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of the word processors available for the iPad support change tracking in Word files?

No - I'm afraid not. None of the current batch of Office-compatible apps support Microsoft Word 'Track Changes'. It's a much requested feature too but, so far, no developer has incorporated it into their app.

It's a pity because generally these Office apps do a reasonable job of supporting the various formats and styles within a Word document, making editting on the go with your iPad quite a practical proposition. But so many companies and employers use Track Changes that its non availability is a serious hindrance.

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This would be a great addition to Pages, especially with the added power and memory of iPad2. Perhaps we can hope for an update soon.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - this would be my vote too. I'd like to see a few additionally supported features - like the way you can display super and sub-scripts, and footnotes, but have to use the most tortuous workarounds to insert new ones into a document...but track changes would be a great addition. Most all organisations use this feature, so it means I can't import any document from them at present if they are asking me to review it.

Tim
Scotland

OP
C

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
No - I'm afraid not. None of the current batch of Office-compatible apps support Microsoft Word 'Track Changes'. It's a much requested feature too but, so far, no developer has incorporated it into their app.

It's a pity because generally these Office apps do a reasonable job of supporting the various formats and styles within a Word document, making editting on the go with your iPad quite a practical proposition. But so many companies and employers use Track Changes that its non availability is a serious hindrance.

Tim
Scotland

Tim,

That's a shame. I don't plan to use my iPad for business but I do hope to use it for some pleasure writing and editing. Without change tracking, though, it's not much use for editing. I hope that one of the developers, it doesn't matter much to me which one, steps up on this one. This is a feature for which I'd be happy to pay an upgrade fee.

OP
C

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Catfiend said:

Apparently there has been a little movement on this, though not enough to make a huge difference. DataVis' Documents To Go supposedly displays comments and changes. You can't do anything with them but you can see ones that are already in the file.

Most reactions

Latest posts