What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to download MS Word files on to the iPad?

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I run various websites and get writers to write content who send me the documents in MS Word via email. I then download it on to my computer and copy and paste the content into the Wordpress admin of the sites and publish them.

I was wondering if any of the Apple word processors will download MS word files, and if I would then able to copy and paste them into wordpress admin?

Another thing I've noticed is that anytime I log into Wordpress admin on the iPad I cannot scroll down the content. It only shows the top bit of the content that fits the screen.

Maybe Wordpress has a mobile app that will allow to do this.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Pages on my Ipad and load MS Word files from my office often. You should use GoodReader, and DrobBox. Sometimes you loose fonts, and format when you open them in Pages but most of the time I dont have any problems.

OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Pages on my Ipad and load MS Word files from my office often. You should use GoodReader, and DrobBox. Sometimes you loose fonts, and format when you open them in Pages but most of the time I dont have any problems.

But I suspect its not possible to copy and paste content on the iPad yet due to lack of multitasking, correct?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can copy and paste from emails or from app to app on iPad.

Johan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johanfoto.com
But I suspect its not possible to copy and paste content on the iPad yet due to lack of multitasking, correct?

Copy and paste have nothing to do with multitasking. You can copy something in one application, stop that application and open a different one, and then paste into that application.

T

TJK

Goodreader app allows MS docs and excel files to be opened and content copied and then pasted to other applications. I think this would work.

Yes, this works fine and as others have mentioned I recommend a DropBox / Good Reader combo as well. Set up a shared DropBox folder for your writers and they can "drop" their files in there without the email hassle. I do this with my biz partner, engineers, lawyer, etc.

And there is a WordPress iPad app. Works fine. My wife often uses it to publish her photography blog when we travel.

If you are doing your formatting in WP then you don't need Pages as Good Reader will usually open the .doc file just file....enough to cut and paste the text. And it is a $.99 app!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Goodreader works perfectly. I am probably going to spend some part of the night uploading content to Wordpress from Goodreader on the iPad.

The Wordpress app isn't the best because they don't have the tabs at the top for linking, bold, etc. For example, to make a word bold you have to take the long-winded approach which requires changing the keyboard format on the ipad several times. A simple click on a tab would have been easier.

Most reactions

Latest posts