What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change Google.xx in iPad browser

Ninetail

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey can someone tell me why my iPad sets google.hk as default homepage in safari browser? And how could I stop safari direct me to google.hk search all the time. bought it from china, everything work fine in australia but this......

Thx in advance!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey can someone tell me why my iPad sets google.hk as default homepage in safari browser? And how could I stop safari direct me to google.hk search all the time. bought it from china, everything work fine in australia but this......

Thx in advance!!!

Unfortunately you can't set the 'Homepage' in the iPad's Safari, it always returns to the last page visited. But there is a workaround - sort of.

Surf to the appropriate Google page and then save that (curly arrow on the menu bar) by using 'Add to Home screen' - now a new icon will appear on your Home screen and, if you tap that, you'll be taken through to the appropriate Google page. I keep a 'folder' of 'Add to Home Screen' bookmarks for easy access to my most frequently visited pages....

OK - not a real solution (hey - nothing's perfect in this life!) but it - sort of - works......

So, if you're in Australia, I guess you've not got the snow that's fallen today in the North East of Scotland..and I thought the winter was over...

Tim
Snowy Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh - oh - oh - I forgot...

Welcome...

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Tim
Scotland

Hilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

New on the site but if you still need it, try this:

Go to general on the settings page of the iPad
Choose international
Then region format
Choose your country - Australia was it?