What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Default Browsers

Kenilik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I understand that I can't change the default browser on my iPad2 from Safari (whose approach to tabs is CRAP!) to Atomic (which is all round full of awesomeness!).

In anticipation of the impending iPad2 JB, can someone tell me just how far the default browser can be customised on a JB iPad? What the "Browser Changer" tweak actually let you do?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kenilik said:
So I understand that I can't change the default browser on my iPad2 from Safari (whose approach to tabs is CRAP!) to Atomic (which is all round full of awesomeness!).

In anticipation of the impending iPad2 JB, can someone tell me just how far the default browser can be customised on a JB iPad? What the "Browser Changer" tweak actually let you do?

You'll see the setting 'changeBrowser' under your main settings which then gives you the option to pick from a LARGE list of browsers of which the one you choose must be already installed.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's cool about Browser Changer, other than you get to make any browser your default, is that you can also get "Browser Changer SBSettings Toggle." So, at any time, you can turn off your Browser Changer, which will allow you to go back to using Safari as a default.

Hey, don't roll your eyes about that! It is only with Safari that you can create bookmarks on your springboard. Using the toggle to turn off the default makes life much simpler than finding/opening Safari (I have it hidden away in a folder).

The sheer awesomeness of SBSettings is a topic best left for another time... :D

So, as Outl4w pointed out, all you can really do is select a default browser (although you can decide whether to allow Google Maps and Youtube to use the new default). I can tell you that it works - even when an "Open In" says to open in Safari, it'll open in your set default browser.

Browser Changer is one of my favorite tweaks...

Marilyn

refrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wish they can add default browser from mail app. Its one of the must have apps for jb device.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
refrainer said:
wish they can add default browser from mail app. Its one of the must have apps for jb device.

Not sure if you misunderstood or I'm misunderstanding you, but thats exactly what "Browser Changer" does. When I click a link in a mail it opens it in the browser of my choice.... icab mobile

Most reactions

Latest posts