Central file storage app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MJ5150, Feb 9, 2011.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is there an app that lets you store your files in one place and point your apps to that one location? I'm not talking about Dropbox or another online storage repository.

I have a few different PDF apps I am trying out. It looks like each app has to have it's own copy of the same PDF in it's own folder. I am hoping to get away from that.

-Mike

2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No, there is no central file.

However, the app GoodReader (I think it's $3.99 USD in the app store) allows you to "Open In" - so you can open your PDF files in other apps.

For example, I have a PDF loaded in GoodReader. Under "Manage Files," I select "Open In" and I can choose whether to open the file in:

- Note Taker HD
    - iAnnotate PDF
    - PDF Expert
    - DocsToGo
    - iCabMobile
    - neu.Annotate
    - Save2PDF
    - iBooks
    - Bluefire Reader

Now, that's not an exhaustive list of the apps I have that'll open PDF (I also have ReaddleDocs, but that didn't show up in the list), but it's darn close.

So, while you may not have a central file system, GoodReader (which can also browse the web, show pictures and play videos) - is a darn close substitute.

Marilyn

3. TCD

TCD
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Have you ever heard of a Pogoplug what this device allows you to do is store all your data in your location up to 7 Terabytes and you can access it from any mobile device.I have a 250 GiG hard drive that I can view with my iPad.I keep all my business forms,Invoices etc it works great.