Can't get my new iPad to work

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by terryb46@hotmail.com, Apr 14, 2011.

1. terryb46@hotmail.com

terryb46@hotmail.com iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't seem to get to first base. I turn it on and nothing comes up except i-tunes? If I click on the i-tunes nothing happens:mad: Please advise:eek:
  2. JJK

JJK iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I think you need to have it set-up first. Connect it to a PC or Mac with the latest ITunes version on it and follow the instructions. Transfer your contacts, etc. to the IPad.
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    As JJK suggests, all new iPads absolutely have to be connected initially to a PC or Mac that has the latest version of the iTunes software on it - which can be downloaded for free from the Apple website. There is absolutely no way around this. If you don't have access to a PC or Mac then any Apple Store will do this for you.

One benefit of this first synchronisation ('sync') is that it will set up all your email accounts to be same as on your PC and transfer your contacts and other files - videos, music etc - if you choose to.

After this initial sync there's no need to ever connect your iPad and PC again, though most people do this to transfer files back and forth and to backup.

Let us know how you get on.

---- and let me give you the 'official' welcome -----

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland