What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't delete Inbox folder (VLC, Noterize, etc)

Evan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just noticed yesterday that when I connect iPad to my computer, go to Apps in iTunes and VLC documents (same for other apps, e.g., Noterize), there's a Inbox folder that has been added, in addition to my other files.

In that folder seems to be the video files that I've opened (with iPad) from the Mail app. Each time I open a new one, they add it to that folder, taking up storage space.

Problem is, I can't seem to be able to delete that folder.

Any suggestions?

Thks for your help.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a known BUG in the iPAD/Video/VLC .
No way that I know to delete all that extra load.
Only way is after a while, to delete the VLC application, and re-Install it.

Sound very Nonprofessional , but No one is perfect . Even not Apple, with it's iPAD. ( Or maybe only VLC's fault)
That is another good example regarding the frustration of using something that acts like a computer, but it is not a real one.

BTW.
Same goes for the Safari cash. to clear it you need to shut down the iPAD, and restart it.. You didn't know ? Well now you do.

smirnoffvice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found this software after a long search ...

h_ttp://w_ww.macroplant.co m/iphoneexplorer/iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC

Download the software. Then search APPS/com.applidium.vlc/Documents/Inbox. Now delete all files ! Thats it ! Avoid selecting both Apps and media section ... don't know why but it make prompt a error . .. Just go in the APPS section of the tree.

That work for me ! No VLC removal :)

smirnoffvice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for my weird url ... im too new for posting link but this link is the answer !

OP
E

Evan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ Smirn

Thks so much mate. Now, that was huge help.

Darrylp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help please

I've followed your advice exactly and everything works perfectly until I come to the point of actually deleting the files from the VLC inbox and although it claims to delete them (one by one) they still there?
I'm using the trial version and wonder if this could be the problem?
Darryl

Most reactions

Latest posts