What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't complete installation of iOS6 on ipad2.

SarahM7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went into 'settings', noticed there was a new iOS update and so installed it. After a while, the screen popped up saying 'your ipad was updated successfully. There are just a few more steps to follow, and then you're done!' and then I click continue, and it asks me to choose a wi-fi network. I click on my network, there's a tick beside it, and then it just goes to an apple page that says 'Hmm, the page you're looking for can't be found'. At the top of the page it says Apple - Page Not Found, under that http://www.apple.com and under that it says 'log in' but it's greyed out and I can't click it. I can't get to the main screen or anything, and if I power off, it just comes back to the same page.
Please help?! I am panicking now as I need to use it for work tomorrow and I can't do anything... :(
I am on an iPad 2.

Last edited:

dickstag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SarahM7 said:
I went into 'settings', noticed there was a new iOS update and so installed it. After a while, the screen popped up saying 'your ipad was updated successfully. There are just a few more steps to follow, and then you're done!' and then I click continue, and it asks me to choose a wi-fi network. I click on my network, there's a tick beside it, and then it just goes to an apple page that says 'Hmm, the page you're looking for can't be found'. I can't get to the main screen or anything, and if I power off, it just comes back to the same page.
Please help?! I am panicking now as I need to use it for work tomorrow and I can't do anything... :(
I am on an iPad 2.

I have the exact same issue. iPad 2. I also have cellular so not dead in the water but I need WiFi also.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Upgraded my iPad 2 Wi-Fi Only today with no issues at all. Safiar Mail and App stor is working via Wi-Fi.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. iPad 2. I also have cellular so not dead in the water but I need WiFi also.

When I got to this point, I simply clicked passed selecting a network. Just go on. Once you get to the end of it all, usually your network was there and ready. It didn't forget your network info, it should all still be there. If not, once you get passed this part (ignoring the network), just re-enter the network info once iOS is running and you are through this screen.

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had the same problem, I just let the little spinner thing spin and after several minutes it found the network and all was good.

Most reactions

Latest posts