Can't access Manage Payments on an iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by torhu, Jun 15, 2020.

1. torhu

torhu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I was given an old iPad, but it gives me unhelpful error messages whenever trying to buy something from the App Store. So I'm trying to check the payment information I added when I first tried to use the store.

The payment information (VISA card) looks correct when I check it on appleid.apple.com.

When I go into Settings -> iTunes and App Store -> Apple ID -> Account and press Manage Payments, I get the password dialog. So I input the password, but then it just returns to the Account page after a couple of seconds. I tried resetting the iPad and configuring it again, but I get the same result.

Is the iPad to old to work properly, or could this be a software corruption issue? It's running iOS 9.3.5, which seems to be the latest supported version for this model.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can’t edit your payment information in an iOS version that old. Check on a newer device to see if your payment info is sill correct for iTunes and the App Store.

Which specific error messages are you getting? Sometimes the type of error message received can point to the actual cause of the problem.

3. torhu

torhu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Right. I don't have any other Apple devices. But I did try to manage payments in the account settings in iTunes, the same thing happens there. After typing the password I just end up at the account page again.

When trying to buy something in the App Store I get a message saying that I have to go to Apple ID setttings and confirm my payment information.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  5. torhu

torhu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    That's what I'm trying to explain, the payment manager doesn't open for me. Must be something weird with my account. I created it yesterday, maybe it needs to be manually approved or something.

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you already tried to access your account on a computer? Your first post talks about trying to access your account in Settings on your iPad but doesn’t mention using a computer to access your account,

7. torhu

torhu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I tried in iTunes on Windows.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Hello Torhu - now, I'm sure this may not be the issue, but check this Apple Support Article to make sure that the previous owner of the iPad followed all of the guidelines when giving away or selling an iPad. Dave :)

9. torhu

torhu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I will try it out when I get the chance.

10. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The email address has to be verified. Have you done that? Apple should have sent an email to your address to make sure it exists and belongs to you.
    If you didn’t receive or find it, follow these directions:
    If you didn't receive your verification or reset email