What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot pair my keyboard again

ebwhitmore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, can't seem to find thread that involves my question. My Bluetooth keyboard connected yesterday just fine. Today, nothing. I changed batteries twice. I then had it stop recognizing the keyboard. Can't seem to recognize it no matter what I do.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I have given your post it's own thread so as to help you better without interrupting the other ongoing thread. Please start a new thread in future when you have an issue in accordance with Forum Rules. We do recognise that you are a new member and maybe having difficulty posting.

Have you connected anything else to your iPad which may still be paired?

If not try resetting your iPad and try again......this will not change anything on your iPad and is akin to rebooting a PC. Let us know how you go.
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Leelai's advice doesn't work, try forgetting the device and re-pairing it. BlueTooth can sometimes be flaky.

Tap on the arrow next to the name of the keyboard in Settings/Bluetooth and hit the "Forget this device" button.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sure the keyboard is not paired to another device in the room

Most reactions

Latest posts