1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

cannot delete images off ipad (13 gig worth)

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by imreasc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. imreasc

imreasc iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok. I have the camera connector kit. have downloaded images to ipad for storage whilst away (from a 5d, so large files). come home. import to lightroom. deleted by going the long way (selecting each one and deleting IN the ipad)
    well it says that i have 13 gig of photos on there. however only shows 4 small email saved images, as i 'deleted' everything else....

when i plug into phoneview it says that there is 2500 odd images, but there is no thumbnail or anything. lightroom/iphoto do not pick up said "images"

I tried a restore of course it just put them all back on when i restored from back-up. short of having to restore it again and starting from scratch, is there a way to get this 13 gig of nuisance off my ipad!!

thanks for reading!
  2. nhbeast

nhbeast iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure whats going on there, this is a stange issue. I have a 50D, and after importing my photos from the iPad to Aperture, I can go in and manually delete them from the iPad, and they are indeed gone.

Try synching a small sample album via iTunes, then go in and un-check the albums and re-synch again. Perhaps those 2500+ images don't actually exist?