cannot delete images off ipad (13 gig worth)

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by imreasc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. imreasc

imreasc iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok. I have the camera connector kit. have downloaded images to ipad for storage whilst away (from a 5d, so large files). come home. import to lightroom. deleted by going the long way (selecting each one and deleting IN the ipad)
    well it says that i have 13 gig of photos on there. however only shows 4 small email saved images, as i 'deleted' everything else....

when i plug into phoneview it says that there is 2500 odd images, but there is no thumbnail or anything. lightroom/iphoto do not pick up said "images"

I tried a restore of course it just put them all back on when i restored from back-up. short of having to restore it again and starting from scratch, is there a way to get this 13 gig of nuisance off my ipad!!

thanks for reading!
  2. nhbeast

nhbeast iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure whats going on there, this is a stange issue. I have a 50D, and after importing my photos from the iPad to Aperture, I can go in and manually delete them from the iPad, and they are indeed gone.

Try synching a small sample album via iTunes, then go in and un-check the albums and re-synch again. Perhaps those 2500+ images don't actually exist?