cannot copy text content from a web page

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by fyr300, Jul 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. fyr300

fyr300
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    just purchased and set up new iPad Pro 9.7 and am finding an issue with the copy command when highlight text on a web page in Safari. The bubble box turns blue but none of the commands come up on top to allow me to copy the highlighted text. So far this is all web pages I have tried. It works fine on text within an normal document, Any ideas?

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to iPad Forums!

Might be a silly question:
    Do you lift your finger after selecting the area that should be copied? I've tried reproducing your problem. When I keep my finger on the screen, I don't get the option to copy the text. It appears when I lift my finger.

3. fyr300

fyr300
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi JA
    Yes followed the usual protocol tap to highlight. Frustrated! Coming from IPad 2 that works fine. System is IOS 9.3.2
    Just for comparing, I installed Dolphin and Firefox and they work without a problem. Looks like an issue in Safari

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It works without problems on my iPad Pro in Safari, and I don't use a different browser.

Try force closing the app: double tap the Home button to show the app switcher, then slide the thumbnail below the Safari app icon towards the top of the screen.

Then try copying some text again afterwards.

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Occationally I have problems on my 12.7" iPad Pre where the selection popup menu will either show up to the side, or not at all. For some reason rotating the screen from landscape portrait, and back again, seems to clear up the issue.

6. fyr300

fyr300
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am not sure if it was the result of force close as JA suggested or turning off zoom feature but the issue is resolved. Thanks for your help

7. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad it's working now.