1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Web page text

Discussion in 'UK Dedicated iPad Forum' started by maroonheart, Dec 23, 2012.

1. maroonheart

maroonheart iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I have a new iPad with iOS6. and I need a little help. (1) Can anyone please tell me how to send highlighted text from a web page by email.? When I highlight the text a copy button appears but does not give any options and (2) where does the text go if I press copy?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,730 / 0
    After you've copied the text, open your Mail account and, in the body of the message, press and hold your finger. A pop-up should appear and one of the selections should be "Paste." Once you select Paste (and the text you copied appears), you can finish filling out the e-mail to send it off.

When you copy something, it stays on a virtual "clipboard," ready to be pasted in to any place that accepts text input. So, you could put that copies text in the Notes app, a word processing app, etc.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn
  3. maroonheart

maroonheart iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Marilyn, Thanks very much, your response is very much appreciated and solves my problem.