What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selecting text on a web page

Ambaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This seems to happen most at Flickr, bit when trying to select several lines of text, if the top or bottom line is a lot shorter than the middle lines, the highlighting function seems to acquire a mind of its own.

It seems to either prefer a rectangle that does not include the full lines in the middle, or wants to select the whole column on the page. Many groups have award text they want you to copy when commenting on images. It is darn near impossible in some groups to do it on the ipad. (iOS 4.3 though it seems to have happened in all the releases). Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have to, select more text than you want. Then copy and paste it to the Notes app where you can clean it up and copy&paste it where you want it to be. Don't worry if you get a picture selected by accident. It won't paste to the Notes app.

Not a great workaround, but all I can think of at the moment.

OP
A

Ambaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh Duh!

Copy elsewhere and edit... That's what happens when you an old person play with modern technology. Notes didn't seem to want to accept the paste, but Quick Office Pro worked fine. I even saved it for later use. I'm so proud... ;-)

Thanks for the help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Glad you found something that worked. I've spent plenty of time trying to get the perfect selection myself, before deciding I had do things less directly.

Most reactions