What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you upgrade new Ipad 2 from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3???

chetnik73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everybody

I just got a brand new Ipad 2 straight out of the pack. Naturally I wanted to jailbreak it immediately so I could add my VLC media player etc. Read on the forums that I can only be on 4.3.3 to JB

I download 4.3.3 IPSW and then try to do a restore in Itunes initially receive error 3194.

After some reading I then amended my host file to only have 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com included.

I then downloaded and ran tinyumbrella SHSH servers.

Back into Itunes and hit shift and it looks like it is restoring but takes an age saying something like preparing ipad for restore before spitting out error 1606. Apparently this is a USB problem so I change the USB but still no luck.

Previously when I had the old Saurik detail in my host file I got the 1600 error.

Is what I am doing in vain??? ie is it not possible to go to 4.3.3 on a new Ipad 2

Sorry but I am a newbie and this is doing my head in

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can only upgrade to 4.3.3 IF you have SHSH Blobs saved for that version. They are device specific, so you can't use someone else's. Based on what you have said there is no way you will have those. Pointing your hosts file to Cydia (like you did) won't help since they don't have your blobs saved either. I would remove that line from your hosts now as it will cause you problems restoring if they do not have any of your blobs.
I'm afraid your only option now is to install 4.3.5 and live without a jailbreak for the time being. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts