What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating from iOS 4.3.1 to 4.3.3

JJ2K11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is on 4.3.1 and I want to update it to 4.3.3, which Apple is no longer signing, I have changed my hosts file so it talks to Saurik's server, I know its right as when I type, gs.apple.com in my browser it goes to Cydia, but I still get an iTunes Error 3194.

Any help?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have not been on 4.3.3 before then you won't have the blobs saved.....and if you don't have the 4.3.3 blobs saved then you can't upgrade to 4.3.3 so it's stay on the version that you are on or go straight to 4.3.5

The Archangel

SlateEd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have another iPad2 with 4.3.3 currently installed, can you save blobs from it and use those to allow for the 4.3.3 install on several others?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SlateEd said:
If you have another iPad2 with 4.3.3 currently installed, can you save blobs from it and use those to allow for the 4.3.3 install on several others?

No, this is not correct, blobs are specific to each device, they cannot be shared.

The Archangel

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, blobs can only be saved for the current firmware that apple is signing. Even if your device is on 4.3.3 you will not be able to save blobs for that firmware, only 4.3.5.

Most reactions

Latest posts