What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can i recover photos from wiped ipad after incorrect passcode entered

mogadon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

just got back from a vacation with my family. we took the ipad as our 'computer' and also used the camera connection kit to make it a bit of a central point for collating and sharing all of our photos from our various cameras / devices.

until .. my little 3.5 year old got up early one morning and kept on pressing numbers in for the passcode until the ipad was completely wiped.

when at home we back up regularly, and usually most, if not all of the content on the ipad is stuff that i have 'pushed' to it from itunes. my issue here is that we had the first week of photos from our vacation on the ipad - and at this stage they are all lost.

can i get them back? I havent touched the ipad since.

thanks in advance.

OP
M

mogadon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is anyone able to assist at all with this? do i need to add more info?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It may be that we are all desperately searching for a way out for you. Unfortunately, the only answer is: once the iPad has been wiped, there is no way to get the information back. I'm sorry but it's gone.

Marilyn

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you have Photo Stream switched on, if you did your photo's should be stored in the iCloud.

OP
M

mogadon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your replies, i have checked photostream and the photos arent there unfortunately. i thought / hoped there might be some 'back-door' way .. jailbreaking it and accessing the drive image to look for 'deleted' files or something ..

thanks again.

:)

Most reactions

Latest posts