Can I get a ipad2 free screen replacement like said if I bought it from say Best buy?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Jpauly420, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Jpauly420

Jpauly420 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read the thread of a man dropping his ipad2 from about 4 feet and got a crack across the entire screen, the thread read " I took my iPad to the apple store and the guy said no problem we'll replace it for free this one time, I have To go pick up my replaced product tommarrow"

My question is I bought my iPad from a best buy and was concerned if it had to be straight from apple.?

2. Midranger4

Midranger4 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Without apple care the chances of obtaining a free replacement have decreased dramatically. It depends on how long you have owned the unit and if the apple customer service rep is inclined to do so. If outside the warranty period and you don't have apple care they are not obliged to replace the unit.

To answer your initial question, regardless of where you purchased the unit you should take it to the apple store because Best Buy will surely not provide a new unit unless they are obliged to do so under factory warranty. Just have your receipt from BB when you visit the Apple store.

Good luck to you.