1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Camera conection kit did you know

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by littlebuddha, Jun 24, 2010.

1. littlebuddha

littlebuddha iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For those that are interested it appears that you can connect a usb microphone to this kit, also jack type if you get the imic conection. if you want to know a little more use the link below. This a youtube clip i came across, thought it might help some, hopefully we get to use more stuff through the usb connection, im sure we will see stuff before long. Glad i got my set, got mine from apple uk on pre order, looks like most shops still do not have them as yet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWVXsNJEL0M]YouTube - iPad Camera Kit Secrets... Microphone Magic[/ame]
  2. DoingOK

DoingOK iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm finding interesting things to add to the camera kit. I currently use a Nuforce UDAC to listen to music and the improvement is quite noticeable.
  3. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Stupid question, but why connect an external mic to the iPad when there is already one built in?
  4. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    So true, I found it absurd!
  5. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0

Quality.

There are a lot of people out there who creat podcasts and such. You would get much better recorded audio by connecting a good wired Mic. The wired Mic option also lets you use specific types of Mics like a directional Mic that only picks up the sound of someone talking directly into it.

and if you were have a seperat camera recording video it would look sort of odd passing an iPad back and forth as a Mic.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  6. blowabs

blowabs iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great....cause i wanna start doing voice overs...boy whooda thunk it??!!!
  7. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Is that a serious question? Why record audio with a decent directional mic when you could use a pinhole omni mic? I guess you don't do a lot of audio recording....there are a lot of musicians using the iPad for creation.
  8. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    No I don't, so you guys have a good point, that's why I asked the question :D
  9. ob_one

ob_one iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very interesting, I wonder if we can use a usb headset as well, and make skype calls with it...