What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera conection kit did you know

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those that are interested it appears that you can connect a usb microphone to this kit, also jack type if you get the imic conection. if you want to know a little more use the link below. This a youtube clip i came across, thought it might help some, hopefully we get to use more stuff through the usb connection, im sure we will see stuff before long. Glad i got my set, got mine from apple uk on pre order, looks like most shops still do not have them as yet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWVXsNJEL0M]YouTube - iPad Camera Kit Secrets... Microphone Magic[/ame]

DoingOK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm finding interesting things to add to the camera kit. I currently use a Nuforce UDAC to listen to music and the improvement is quite noticeable.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stupid question, but why connect an external mic to the iPad when there is already one built in?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Stupid question, but why connect an external mic to the iPad when there is already one built in?

Quality.

There are a lot of people out there who creat podcasts and such. You would get much better recorded audio by connecting a good wired Mic. The wired Mic option also lets you use specific types of Mics like a directional Mic that only picks up the sound of someone talking directly into it.

and if you were have a seperat camera recording video it would look sort of odd passing an iPad back and forth as a Mic.

Last edited:

blowabs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those that are interested it appears that you can connect a usb microphone to this kit, also jack type if you get the imic conection. if you want to know a little more use the link below. This a youtube clip i came across, thought it might help some, hopefully we get to use more stuff through the usb connection, im sure we will see stuff before long. Glad i got my set, got mine from apple uk on pre order, looks like most shops still do not have them as yet.

YouTube - iPad Camera Kit Secrets... Microphone Magic

Great....cause i wanna start doing voice overs...boy whooda thunk it??!!!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is that a serious question? Why record audio with a decent directional mic when you could use a pinhole omni mic? I guess you don't do a lot of audio recording....there are a lot of musicians using the iPad for creation.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I don't, so you guys have a good point, that's why I asked the question :D

ob_one

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very interesting, I wonder if we can use a usb headset as well, and make skype calls with it...

Most reactions

Latest posts