What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar in iOS8 on iPad with retina display

Sharon821

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated to iOS8. My calendar won't stay open! I had this problem in iOS7, and a suggestion somewhere told me not to sync with iCloud and that should take care of the problem. After I stopped syncing with iCloud, it worked sometimes. I saw some other suggestions that said to turn off all calendars and then turn them back on. I did that with iOS8, but as soon as the calendar populates, it shuts down. Help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try turning the Calendar syncing off again (make sure you chose to delete it from the iPad.

Now go to icloud.com on a computer and look over your calendars. If you see anything suspicious, delete it.

While you've got the iPad not-synced, do a reset just for the heck of it. Hold down the Power and Home button until the Apple Logo appears, and let it restart.

Now turn your calendar syncing back on.

I don't know if any of this will help. I'm just going through some of the first things I would be trying, to gather information as much as hoping to fix the problem.

Good luck.

OP
S

Sharon821

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Before I posted this question, I tried turning off syncing, deleting calendars, and resetting the iPad. Nothing seemed to work. Before I could even try your suggestions, I opened the calendar and it worked right! That doesn't really solve the mystery, but it works, so I don't care. Now the app for my Chicago Blackhawks is not staying open! I think I will have to wait for them to update the app to work in iOS 8. I'm off to send them an email now to remind them to get to work!

Most reactions

Latest posts