What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and iPhone calendars

Diamonique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.myownhair.net
I'm having trouble getting these calendars to sync. I have a gmail calendar which is my default (named Sandy's Default Calendar). I have Exchange account connected to my gmail account. I'm trying to use only this default calendar in both the iPhone and the iPad. I do most of my scheduling in the iPhone, and I expect those meetings/appointments, etc. to show up in the iPad calendar. The problem is... sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

iPad retina and iPhone 5

Thanks for any help you can give me.

-- Sandy

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting these calendars to sync. I have a gmail calendar which is my default (named Sandy's Default Calendar). I have Exchange account connected to my gmail account. I'm trying to use only this default calendar in both the iPhone and the iPad. I do most of my scheduling in the iPhone, and I expect those meetings/appointments, etc. to show up in the iPad calendar. The problem is... sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. iPad retina and iPhone 5 Thanks for any help you can give me. -- Sandy
Hi, Sandy! Welcome to iPF!

Do you use one or more calendars? Maybe the ones that you need on your iPad are not synced to it, because the calendar isn't enabled. Open the Calendar app on your iPad , tap "Calendar" (bottom, middle):

image-3160288960.jpg

This will show all calendars that can be seen in the app. To make them appear in the app, they have to be check marked.

You told us that you set up Sandy's Default Calendar as your default calendar. Take a look at the events that don't appear on your iPad: tap the event. It will show you a bit of it's information, Calendar is among them (this should be done on the iPhone, my screenshot is from iPad. I hope it works similar.):

image-161094721.jpg

Make sure it's the calendar you wanted to enter. If it's not, that can easily be changed by selecting "Edit" and switching to the right calendar.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts