What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar event alerts

EZFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to make the alert time farther out than 2 days? I know all day events can go out to one week, but I'd like more than two days notice for time specific events.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you go to icloud.com on a computer, you have more flexibility for setting alerts.

On the iPad (if I'm not near the computer) I use the cheap workaround of setting a second event however many days before the main one, usually named something like 5d till Event.

OP
E

EZFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. It's a shame Apple doesn't make the Calendar app a bit more robust. It wouldn't take much to make it a very useful app.

Cheers!

OP
E

EZFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a great solution for the calendar in iCloud. Readdle has Calendars that let you do what iCloud calendar should. Works great for me.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
EZFL said:
I found a great solution for the calendar in iCloud. Readdle has Calendars that let you do what iCloud calendar should. Works great for me.

Apple app free - Readdie calendars app £4.99 - how many would want to buy just foe a pretty interface and not much more ? Personally I use Pocket Informant Pro. Now that IS an excellent app, working on an interface of a Filofax. Events, loads of recurring, contacts integrated with the Apple app, full task implementation. Costs $14.99 for the Pro version but WELL WORTH IT. Does almost nothing you could wish for - and some.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jor412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the Pocket Informant Pro and set it up to sync with Google calendar, Google tasks, and Toodledo (for notes). So far, I find it well-worth the price. The only other thing I'd want to do is have the notes integrated into the calendar. I would've gotten Awesome Notes but it doesn't sync with Google Tasks. Awesome Notes has a gorgeous interface and the notes functions are pretty phenomenal, but I needed something for daily planning.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jor412 said:
I just bought the Pocket Informant Pro and set it up to sync with Google calendar, Google tasks, and Toodledo (for notes). So far, I find it well-worth the price. The only other thing I'd want to do is have the notes integrated into the calendar. I would've gotten Awesome Notes but it doesn't sync with Google Tasks. Awesome Notes has a gorgeous interface and the notes functions are pretty phenomenal, but I needed something for daily planning.

Re note integration. Not sure just what you mean, but I suggest contacting WebIs about it. The are extremely helpful, and are open to suggestions re new features. For instance I have dated repeating monthly events set up which MUST be on a working day I.e. if it hits a weekend then make it the preceding Friday. I contacted them and they tell me that this may be included in their next update (due end November 2012). Also I have requested additional help at various times, and each time received very good service almost by return of email.

jor412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re note integration. Not sure just what you mean, but I suggest contacting WebIs about it. The are extremely helpful, and are open to suggestions re new features. For instance I have dated repeating monthly events set up which MUST be on a working day I.e. if it hits a weekend then make it the preceding Friday. I contacted them and they tell me that this may be included in their next update (due end November 2012). Also I have requested additional help at various times, and each time received very good service almost by return of email.

Thanks for that. I'll suggest it then. What I meant was I'd like to be able to access a note from the calendar itself. Unless I haven't figured it out yet, the only way to access notes is through the note tab, but I'd like my notes connected to the dates I write them.

Most reactions