What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

calendar crashing

Ralphk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi everyone! My Ipad 2 crashes whenever I try to scroll beyond February 2013. Any ideas please?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ralphk said:
hi everyone! My Ipad 2 crashes whenever I try to scroll beyond February 2013. Any ideas please?

Hi Ralph, welcome to the forum. I have read many times here that there is a problem when there is an entry for April 1st. It seems that if the entry is an all day event it causes the problem. I have no problem with my iPad 2 but will see if I can produce one. See if this info helps. Again...welcome.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
Hi Ralph, welcome to the forum. I have read many times here that there is a problem when there is an entry for April 1st. It seems that if the entry is an all day event it causes the problem. I have no problem with my iPad 2 but will see if I can produce one. See if this info helps. Again...welcome.

Sorry, not being any help. I just set an all day event on April 1st and everything is still working fine. What iOS version are you using?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, not being any help. I just set an all day event on April 1st and everything is still working fine. What iOS version are you using?

It doesn't affect everyone. I've never seen it myself.

But by all reports removing all appointments from April 1st will fix the problem for those who do see it. Apple's little (unintentional I'm sure) joke.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are these appts the ones in ur calendars? Haven't gone tha far ahead so don't know if I have that problem or not

Auldgit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having this problem too. Removing the appointments from 1st April worked for me

OP
R

Ralphk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I thought somebody was taking the Mickey but as Easter Monday is April 1st I removed it and guess what, my problem went away! Many thanks for your help I can now relax and stop worrying that something has gone wrong with the Pad. Incidentally I am on IOS6.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack this thread in any way. Just saying thanks to Ralphk and Auldgit for their feedback on the results of the advice they received. Knowing that something works is a great time saver and is an appreciation to those who take the trouble to help. I vaguely knew about this, still was not sure, now thanks guys for taking the trouble to confirm that the proposed solution works.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts