What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad calender keeps crashing

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you upgraded to iOS 6.1, my calendar issue was resolved instantly.....no more calendar crashes!

The Archangel
Hi all,
You guys are so helpful. I will try everything suggested & obviously will let you all know how I get on.
Thank you very, very much.
Mike

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, Archangel, forgot to mention that I have just noticed the update for IOS 6.1, doh! Will install and get back to you.
Mike

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Back again. Installed the update IOS 6.1, went through all the steps but still cannot get the dates in the box to open up to edit, grrrr! I am going to leave it for now and take up basket weaving combined with tai chi and meditation. Besides I now have a blinding headache.
Having said all that I really do appreciate all your advice and infinite patience.
Best regards,
Mike

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Boom! I have just gone back into the calendar and voilà, everything works other than opening the box to edit. No problem, at least the 'Ides of March' issue has been fixed, happy days and onwards & upwards. Must have had a Homer Simpson moment!
Cheers guys,
Mike

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Barçamad said:
Hi guys,
Back again. Installed the update IOS 6.1, went through all the steps but still cannot get the dates in the box to open up to edit, grrrr! I am going to leave it for now and take up basket weaving combined with tai chi and meditation. Besides I now have a blinding headache.
Having said all that I really do appreciate all your advice and infinite patience.
Best regards,
Mike

I was going to suggest you take a break in that wonderful city - Barcelona. ;)

Glad to hear that the issue is getting sorted

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks again, Richard. Yes, Barcelona is probably one of the most beautiful cities in the world, besides having the best team in the world.
Mike

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And the tapas. Yes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A long way from Oz, OB.
Forgot to mention how good the food is, being a cross between Spanish & French. I must say above all else I absolutely adore Català cuisine, mmmmm!
I will have to look at the now fully functioning calendar and sort out some visits to the fair city.
Mike

Sun King

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again,

Try as I may there is no way that I can open Easter Monday for editing. When I double tap the day a box pops up but I cannot open the box any further as shown in Richard's post, tap away as I may. Isn't it about time that Apple sorted this? There is a market in the UK after all, we do exist.
There again, knowing me as I do, it is probably operator error.

Just to say I have the same problem , no way to open Easter Monday.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just to say I have the same problem , no way to open Easter Monday.

I think you may have misunderstood as I did not state it too well. What I meant was, I could not open the actual day, not the Easter Monday or April Fool's box. These boxes cannot be edited. There was a glitch in the calendar that has been sorted. My calendar is functioning as it should, thankfully. Hope this clarifies.
Mike

Liammackle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my problem is that the calendar now just opens and then straight away closes, I don't have any chance to change anything on it

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Liammackle said:
Hi, my problem is that the calendar now just opens and then straight away closes, I don't have any chance to change anything on it

Have you tried closing all open apps?

Then relaunch calendar. If this doesn't work. Power off. Wait 20 seconds. Switch back on. This should cure things.

Please say whether or not this cures things.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Sun King

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As we are now into the problem month "March" you might have to change the date on your iPad to a safe month (any but March).Temporiliy until you sort it out.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts